Paller Sanctuary is a historic building built between 1747 and 1748, set in the village of Bagà in the county of Berguedà. The original sanctuary was situated at Paller de Dalt’s farmhouse, or masia, where there are still remnants of the church first mentioned in the year 1200 and which drew a large number of devotees. The early church, which fell under the protection of Bagà monastery, underwent rebuilding in 1687. Today’s church was built in 1747 according to the plans of Francesc Morato in the small locality of Paller de Baix, two kilometres from Bagà, in a friendly, quiet and serenely beautiful setting near Font dels Banyadors or “Bather’s Spring” (also known as Santa Maria dels Banyadors). Here it was customary for devotees to bathe in the springs and take away water considered to be miraculous.